Quick Answer: What Is Indonesia Famous For?
- 1 What is Indonesia best known for?
- 2 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 3 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 4 What are 5 interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 5 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 6 What is the nickname of Indonesia?
- 7 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 8 What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
- 9 What makes Indonesia great?
- 10 Who is the God of Indonesia?
- 11 What are the beliefs of Indonesia?
- 12 What is Indonesia famous food?
- 13 Is Indonesia safe?
- 14 How did Indonesia get its name?
- 15 What you should know about Indonesia?
What is Indonesia best known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals.
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population.
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia.
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects.
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
What are 5 interesting facts about Indonesia?
Five Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has a lot of people! It’s an understatement to say Indonesia has a lot of people.
- Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
- There are 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesians love social media!
- Indonesia has over 600 ethnic groups.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is the nickname of Indonesia?
That is why Indonesia is called as the emerald of the equator.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
Famous people from Indonesia
- Sukarno. Politician.
- Suharto. Politician.
- Agnes Monica. Dance-pop Artist.
- Fatin Shidqia. Singer.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. Politician.
- Taufik Hidayat. Olympic Badminton Player.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri. Politician.
- Joko Widodo. Politician.
What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
Then continue reading below, because here’s a list of the top 10 things to buy in Indonesia!
- Gamelan instruments.
- Celuk jewelry – One of my favorite Indonesia souvenirs!
- Congklak (dakon board game)
- Batik Paintings.
What makes Indonesia great?
It has 139 volcanoes Indonesia has the third most volcanoes in the world, behind the US and Russia, according to the National Museum of Natural History’s Global Volcanism Program. The volcanic island of Krakatoa, between Java and Sumatra, is perhaps the most famous.
Who is the God of Indonesia?
Sunda. According to Sunda Wiwitan beliefs of the Sundanese, a supreme god named Sang Hyang Kersa created the universe and also other gods such as Mother Goddess Batari Sunan Ambu and Batara Guru (identified as Shiva after the adoption of Hinduism). Many other gods were adopted from Hindu gods such as Indra and Vishnu.
What are the beliefs of Indonesia?
There are six religions in Indonesia But Islam is just one of six official religions acknowledged in the country — Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. In Bali, for example, the dominant religion is Hinduism, and there are localities where there are more Christians than Muslims.
What is Indonesia famous food?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
Is Indonesia safe?
Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
How did Indonesia get its name?
Although Indonesia did not become the country’s official name until the time of independence, the name was used as early as 1884 by a German geographer; it is thought to derive from the Greek indos, meaning “India,” and nesos, meaning “island.” After a period of occupation by the Japanese (1942–45) during World War II,
What you should know about Indonesia?
If you’re planning travel to Indonesia, here are a few things you should know.
- It’s nothing like Bali.
- It’s a majority Muslim country.
- Indonesian people have to specify their religion on their ID.
- There’s not much of a drinking culture.
- Indonesian people totally get sarcasm and it’s awesome.