What Is Indonesia Known For?
- 1 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 2 What is Indonesia known for producing?
- 3 What is the main of Indonesia?
- 4 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 5 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 6 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
- 8 What is Indonesia the largest producer of?
- 9 What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
- 10 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 11 What is the old name of Indonesia?
- 12 What religion is most common in Indonesia?
- 13 What are 5 facts about Indonesia?
- 14 Who is the God of Indonesia?
- 15 Why is Indonesia so popular?
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What is Indonesia known for producing?
The country is a major exporter of crude petroleum and natural gas. In addition, Indonesia is one of the world’s main suppliers of rubber, coffee, cocoa, and palm oil; it also produces a wide range of other commodities, such as sugar, tea, tobacco, copra, and spices (e.g., cloves).
What is the main of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals.
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population.
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia.
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects.
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
Famous people from Indonesia
- Sukarno. Politician.
- Suharto. Politician.
- Agnes Monica. Dance-pop Artist.
- Fatin Shidqia. Singer.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. Politician.
- Taufik Hidayat. Olympic Badminton Player.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri. Politician.
- Joko Widodo. Politician.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a 3rd world country?
Indonesia in the 21st century is no longer categorized as a “Third World” country, but is now an oasis of political stability and rapid economic growth. In the past, Indonesia may have been seen as an authoritarian state, but now it is recognized as the third-largest democracy in the world.
What is Indonesia the largest producer of?
At present, Indonesia is also the world’s largest producer of palm oil, cloves, and cinnamon, the 2nd largest producer of nutmeg natural rubber cassava vanilla and coconut oil, the 3rd largest producer of rice and cocoa, the 4th largest producer of coffee. the 5th largest tobacco producer.
What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
Then continue reading below, because here’s a list of the top 10 things to buy in Indonesia!
- Gamelan instruments.
- Celuk jewelry – One of my favorite Indonesia souvenirs!
- Congklak (dakon board game)
- Batik Paintings.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What is the old name of Indonesia?
Short Form: Indonesia. Former Names: Netherlands East Indies; Dutch East Indies.
What religion is most common in Indonesia?
According to population census data in 2010, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. Indonesia has the largest Islamic population in the world and for this reason is often recognized as a Muslim nation.
What are 5 facts about Indonesia?
Five Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has a lot of people! It’s an understatement to say Indonesia has a lot of people.
- Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
- There are 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesians love social media!
- Indonesia has over 600 ethnic groups.
Who is the God of Indonesia?
Sunda. According to Sunda Wiwitan beliefs of the Sundanese, a supreme god named Sang Hyang Kersa created the universe and also other gods such as Mother Goddess Batari Sunan Ambu and Batara Guru (identified as Shiva after the adoption of Hinduism). Many other gods were adopted from Hindu gods such as Indra and Vishnu.
Why is Indonesia so popular?
Although their food is delicious and their traditions are pretty interesting, the main reason why Indonesia is famous is its places. More than 20 million people visit Indonesia per year, and its basically because they want to see their famous beaches, (active) volcanoes and fantastic landscapes.